Tuesday 23 February 2016

Trying to get hold of it


So I'm casting my mind back to the mid seventies. I'm in church on Sunday nights wrestling manfully with a tambourine that has taken against me and a floppy hat that keeps going wonky. And we are singing. This was pre Hillsong, pre Matt Redman and this was considered quite funky. 

 "The Lord thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing.
 The Lord thy God in the midst of thee is mighty, is mighty, is miiiiiiiighteeee!"
(Thanks very much - I'm here all week)
It's from Zephaniah 3. How does it feel? Thinking that God "Joys Over You With Singing?" Most of the time I don't think the God looks at me and thinks - "There's someone I would like to Joy Over." It's the age old challenge - learning to see ourselves through God tinted glasses. I need to remind myself - I don't deserve this yet there it is. The mightiest mighty God - rejoices and joys - over me and over you. Just because he is who he is. It helps I think, to get a hold of that. Just thought we needed reminding. Dunno why.



SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Thanks, Lesley - I need to be reminded of this constantly! I love the idea of "learning to see ourselves through God-tinted glasses".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fiona. It's one of the most difficult things for me. Positioning myself to see me through God's eyes.

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig