Tuesday 5 May 2015

A bit like May


So, what just happened? It was all sunny and smiley and Morris Dancey and suddenly, it's like November. Is it just in Plymouth? We ventured up to Jennycliffe for a walk on Bank Holiday Monday and the mist was so horrible, we half expected zombies to come lumbering out of it. The mist does that round here, just suddenly drops and it goes dark. I am still not used to it. I was having a chat with an old chappy in the bank queue today at lunch. He said Plymouth sometimes gets its summers a bit too early and then we often get a cold gap before the warm weather comes back again. I can't say I have noticed  but am sure he is right. 

I haven't been in a bank queue for years. I use  a debit card and T'Internet mostly these days. However, My card has been stopped because some charlatan has tried to buy huge amounts of Apple goods on the Internet with it. No idea how they got my details. Fiendish that's what it is. I feel like my right hand is missing with no card. I had to put half my groceries back on the shelf at Sainsbury's because I only had cash - and not enough of it. (Fortunately, I wasn't actually at the till when the horrible truth dawned.)

Anyway, on a lighter note, Plymouth got a pre-election visit from Eddie Izzard. It's not so much the politics he brings but the surprise of perfectly applied lippy and a jaunty scarf to a city packed to the drawstrings with paras and marines. It made me smile. To be honest, it would make your cat laugh.
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. How horrid for you to have your card used by someone. I dread that happening.
    Your weather is just the same here n Truro. Summer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. You get this phone call saying "Did you try to buy this and this online?" and you are thinking "Well did I?" because it blows your mind a bit even though you know really that you didn't. It's a strange feeling.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig