Wednesday 18 February 2015

More Hall



So apparently this is leaking viewers like an old leaky thing in a leaky shop. It is up against Midsomer Murders (and I am a bit partial to that sort of thing myself to be honest) but we are still with it - big time. 
Someone at work said it is too slow but I think that's why I like it, being quite a slow person myself. I like the richness and the three-dimensiony (not a word I know) way that it has, It is quite scary too, knowing as we do that it not exactly a Disney-like. Happy endings are hard to come by here. Henry has turned on Anne Boleyn and it is all very tense. Rylance now looks more and more like the Holbein portrait all the time. I am getting a very tight posterior just sitting here.


SHARE:

7 comments

  1. I'll look for this on DVD. I like slow. I have a tendency to 'lose the plot' (as it were), when things are fast paced,I forget names, why thingy gave doodah the funny look etc, then I also lose the will to stay awake. Chris gives me the Coles notes version. when it's over...so much simpler.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing more annoying than not knowing why thingy did that thing he did :-) PS think I may be doing your blog wrong - can't seem to find it. Am worried about missing the view!

      Delete
    2. [1] I too am struggling to find Jane's blog, it isn't just you
      [2] Last night I watched MM [part 1] then Wolf Hall, then caught up with MM [part 2] on ITV1+1 ...which was rather weird , but fun.
      [3] Seeing my husband [the ONLY guy in a suit] in a huge procession of Anglicans [in robes] at the installation of our new Rector last week, I suddenly panicked, and thought 'are they marching him off to the Tower?' My C of E mates are still wearing the same outfits as they did 450 yrs ago.
      [4] But I do love all the candles!

      Delete
    3. I have some friends who think the robes represent an out of touch church but sometimes there is something so heavy with history about it. Having said that there is something equally lovely about a man of God in a plain suit like the people he serves. I feel like the Aldi advert.

      Delete
  2. Losing viewers? Really? I think it's the best thing I've seen on TV in years and years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep this handy.
    http://swiftsuresongbird.blogspot.ca/
    You should get straight in.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Apparently lost a million in week 2. I know it's hard to believe

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig