Wednesday 10 December 2014

This Week


This week I am


  • Receiving FOW 1 back into the fold for Christmas -  We are stocked up on Pizzas and toilet paper - we are braced.
  • Going to the flicks a couple of times. Off to see Paddington tonight (with my stern "I love Paddington - this had better be good" face on). Then something about a nun on Thursday I think. Will report back.
  • Having aged parent round for tea. Remember no onions. Unfortunate consequences for her belly (and for all concerned)
  • Spending time struggling to get into cupboards. We have replaced a mattress on a bed but are keeping the old one for a Christmas visitor as the only thing that is wrong with it is that it is a bit saggy in the middle (bit like my good self) Thing is, we have nowhere to keep it so it keeps being left against wardrobes and my big cupboard at the top of the stairs and I keep having to wrestle it to get in anywhere.
  • Praying for an early fitting of our blinds. People are getting chairs out and sitting in the road outside our house now to watch us. (Well it feels like it)
  • Putting in very chunky amounts of toil at work. All shopping buses and scooters and wheelchairs are choc a block with people trying to get their Christmas stuff done. There is nothing like a determined pensioner on a shopping mission - trust me.
  • Being very pleased that HOH was able to mend Joseph in our oldest Nativity set after an unfortunate incident with Morecambe last year. (Or was it Liam? Can't remember) Anyway - at one point we thought we would have to marry Mary off to a shepherd and that would not do at all.
  • Looking ruefully at my planning book and wishing I had the time to sit and plan in it - never mind actually DOING the stuff on my to-do list.
It's all going very well - as usual. Carry on.
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Just a thought. Can spare mattress be stored underneath its replacement until guest arrives? OK it may mean the current bed occupant will have to pole vault into place at bedtime, but it will keep the mattress out of the way and off the floor.
    I am currently negotiating with my other half about the single bed he thinks we no longer need, so does not need to be removed to Dorset. I think we DO need it. Well, we MIGHT need it. Perhaps...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will never need it until the day after you get rid of it. That is a rule of life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeek, very busy, but you will get through it!x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like reading about every day doings and responses to them. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your list is so funny and true to life. I so want to see Paddington but wonder if it will live up to expectation, what IS IT with old people and onions....!?! and as for the wrestling of a mattress, I feel your pain. Whatever you do don't buy a memory foam mattress (or a Tempura! one as my pal calls it) They are a hundred times worse as they sag and flop like a drunk. I have to steel myself to do anything to my mattress like wash the cover or flip it as twice the damn thing has thrown me off my feet and then collapsed on me. Hope the blinds come, my neighbours think I'm a hermit as I have blinds, nets and curtains as I still cant cope with not being high up and not having folk able to look in. Good luck with your very busy week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chuckling as I go here....and HOW I needed to chuckle!
    I could have written this MYSELF! (Well, I WISH I could write about my frustrations like this myself.)

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig