Tuesday 7 October 2014

Tres, Tres Occupe



What a weekend. All go. This is me and my colleague Debbie at the British Transport Awards (or something) Never heard of them? No, me neither till we got a nomination. Didn't win but we got a trip to London, a lovely meal and then a photo with JEREMY VINE!! Actually very lovely man and a good after dinner speaker which is more than I can say for some under Secretary of Transport who also spoke and needs some lessons on how to work a room. (Am quite shocked at how short my hair is. You never imagine yourself to look the way you do in photos do you?)

Also we went to the flicks again.
This is completely fine. If you like Outnumbered then you will like this. There is a lot of kiddy improvisation going on which the adults handle very well.
Rosamund Pike is yummy. David Tennant is yummy. Billy Connolly looks slightly bemused yet yummy. Amelia Bullimore completely steals the whole thing with a fantastic YouTube video that had the cinema I was in shrieking with laughter.
Scotland is impossibly beautiful. It's really funny and I suspect nothing like Gone Girl will be which is Rosamund Pike's next big movie. Gone Girl is an 18 certificate. Nothing gets an 18 certificate these days. What on earth do you suppose is going on there? I shan't be troubling it I don't think.

Lastly, just a little thank you. A couple of posts ago I mentioned how much I was enjoying the Shardlake novels and that I wished I had bought them in paper form. Well a friend saw the post and has given me all his copies! How generous is that? So thanks very much David and (probably more relevant) thanks as well to your Mrs who is insisting on you decluttering a bit (well a lot)

Right, I am off to try Grantchester on catch up. Dunno anything about it. Will give it a go.
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. A friend bought me that Revelation novel and I still haven't read it- must do!
    The Transport museum things sounds great! Nice picture of you!
    I'm actually surprised too about how many things AREN'T an 18!!!
    Thanks so much for your kind comment- I do think lack of sleep is contributing greatly!X

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, so what did you Do to qualify for this evening out with J Vine?? did you get a certificate even if you didnt win? I am blogging about Grantchester tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  3. You remind me of an English actress in that top pic...can't remember her name,of course it may be her/you, and you are just pretending that you are Nearly Martha Again. If so, I apologise and please may I have your autograph?
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig