Tuesday 19 August 2014

How rude


I have been away from blogging. It was very rude to leave without a by your leave. This is not a Northern thing to do. I apologise. In my defence I have had a month and a half - in a month - all squashed in. 
  • FOW1 has had a friend to stay for a weekend. Not that I was involved much in that but my job was to keep the bathroom clean which turned out to be a full time job.
  • We had a very welcome invasion from Northern type relatives for a few days. 
  • All members of family, except, me hit milestone birthdays - 18, 21 and 60. You can work out for yourself which is which.
  • We have had leave from work and also been to London to see lots of theatre and cinema and history and shopping and stuff. And eating. Lots and lots of eating - trash mostly.
  • Went to London with HOH-ON OUR OWN . Mooched around in a lovely romantic way without teenagers five yards behind asking where Bella Italia is.
  • FOW2 got her A level results. AAA* since you ask - thank you very much.
It has been so busy. A more organised person would have blogged every day and kept you abreast of developments. I meant to, I really did. Instead, I kept guiltily looking at my laptop in the corner staring at me like a puppy I hadn't fed. (I have no idea why I wrote that, I have never not fed a puppy)

I have also been brave and booked for a writers' day in London in October. I don't really do things like this but really wanted to go so I went for it. Can always pull out (no, no I won't - almost certainly not)

So if you are still there, thank you. I shall attempt to continue as things were before the month that has just passed intervened. Can't say I am sorry though. We had a great month!
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. OK, give up....where was the pic taken?
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh you have had a busy time! Well done to FOW2.

    Glad to have you back.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back. I'd type more but dearly beloved wants my attention!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you got photos to post, to prove you were at all these glorious events and not just sitting on the sofa watching reruns of Columbo and Morse?
    A writers day? In London? In October? The ACW one??? Does this mean we will actually get to meet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, the very same. Am slightly terrified. Will not know a soul.

      Delete
  5. What do you mean you won't know a soul? We'll know each other, won't we? I'll be the one that looks like a purple refugee from Finn Family Moomintroll. So glad you're coming!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig