Saturday 17 August 2013

Stepping Out....


... with my baby
Can't go wrong 'cause I'm in right
It's for sure, not for maybe
That I'm all dressed up tonight


Well, actually no, not that kind of stepping out. Sorry to get you all worked up. It's this kind of stepping out

Jesus said, “Come off by yourselves; let’s take a break and get a little rest.” For there was constant coming and going. They didn’t even have time to eat. Matthew 6 v 31

So I did - (step out that is)  because there was (constant coming and going). The idea was that I would spend a goodly proportion of my jolly hols writing and blogging but I er..didn't. I stepped out of all day to day responsibilities and that included this - what can I say? 

If you missed me (Who? You are thinking) Why thank you. If not - well who can blame you? I have returned now. Not exactly rested but pooped from nice things.
  • We had family down for a few days which was really good.
  • We met a friend in Totnes. Still haven't had a decent cup of coffee there. They could do with a big chain moving in if you ask me.
  • We went to Warwick to look at the university and accidentally called in at Ikea on the way back.
  • We went to Flavourfest which is my favourite Plymouth event because there are lots
    of opportunities to eat.
  • Lots of meals out and long breakfasts on the Hoe. 
  • Lots of dog walking.
  • Cinema and home movies catching up
  • Bit of ironing (Felt I should for appearances sake.)
  • Read two books.
  • Helped get my mum settled in Plymouth.

So, that's my catch up. Wot I did on my 'olidays. Anyway, off to devour a Harry Potter film and a caramel wafer. You can have this from me to you. Enjoy.



SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Warwick Uni is great [I went there] IKEA is good fun too [I still go there occasionally] Caramel biscuits are delicious.[I eat them often]

    Glad you have got Mum settled

    Now take time for yourself. Jesus said "Come apart and rest" and too many Christians get stuck at the 'coming apart' bit!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig