Sunday 22 July 2012

Microscope

I sit down to do this sometimes and I begin to panic. This has been a "meh" week. Nothing to tell you I don't think apart from apparently finding a dead dog in the back garden. (Morecambe is very keen on lying in the sun) But, one of the advantages of doing this is that I have to say to myself - "Think again - you have to write something. Forsooth, your people cannot survive without you!" (Ha! If only. I have been watching too much Shakespeare probably)

Sooo although, I know that basically, all I did was go to work and the like - didn't even finish reading a book - I am bringing you highlights from a boring person's week.

1. We booked our holiday. We are going retro this year with Center Parcs after the offspring requested it. We are aware that they may not want to come with us many more times. If you haven't been to Center Parcs recently, it is now practically a million pounds a minute so we are combining it with a trip up northern parts to impose ourselves on various relatives and friends. Center Parcs now offers a tree-house experience (I think there is a staircase but the prospect of me getting into a tree-house, possibly by rope ladder, kept my family laughing for what seemed like several hours - rude) The tree house option is about £2700 for a weekend. You can do New York for that! It was also sold out. (Not that we were considering it.)

2. Fruit of Womb 2 made it safely back from a "gig" in Exeter. Some band called "Howler" or "Moaner" or something. Don't think they have troubled the upper reaches of what used to be called "The Hit Parade". Still, she seemed to enjoy it and they signed a record for her so that was very nice.

3. Have made it up two levels on LEGO Batman. I don't think this is suitable for 3 year olds. It seems very difficult to me. It took me twenty minutes to get Batman out of the Batmobile at one point and then I couldn't find my way back to the Batcave. These LEGO people are fiends.

4. Head of House and I had a nice conversation with someone we hadn't seen for a while. For complicated reasons, it could have been quite difficult. It wasn't. God is very good at this sort of thing.

5. Morecambe is now up to date with his injections. It was traumatic of course - as you know he hates the vet. He did have 20mg of tranquilizer but his adrenalin levels were so high it made no difference. Still, once they had wrapped a blanket around his head and wrestled him to the ground, they managed to get the job done. Although his nerves meant that he had quite a trumpy bottom during the procedure. (Morecambe - not the vet.) HOH said he hoped no one lit a match. I wasn't there of course. I'm a much too sensitive soul for all that kind of thing.

6. Friday night was a rare Friday when everyone was home. Telly was rubbish so we switched it off and while having a drink and munching crisps we sat around and chatted and had an excellent time. Topics ranged from Bob Dylan to Youth Group Charades (Apparently FOW1 remembers spending 45 minutes trying to guess who one of the group had seen outside. The answer was "A Tree Goddess." - it's a long story.) It wasn't exactly an intellectual evening but I enjoyed it.

These are the tiny stitches in the embroidery of my life. They may not tear up any trees or get me interviewed by Fearne Cotton but they make me who I am. When I squint my eyes and look at this embroidery very closely, I think it looks very lovely indeed and I am very grateful.

PS. Family did go to Batman movie this week. It was about half an hour too long but to be honest - in view of this weekend's events in America, I don't really feel like reviewing it much anyway.


SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Morcambe is one cool dude of a dog. Even with the trumpy rump. Have fun on holiday - we'll get the 'Welcome Home' banner out for you on the M6, shall we?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. People sob on the streets when we return. Assuming its with happiness.

      Delete
  2. Oh my you made me chuckle with the first part of your blog, a dead dog indeed! I really thought you'd found one for a moment. My only excuse is I am still in holiday mode.

    Mine all love Centre Parcs and we've had many a great holiday with them, but like you say they are mega expensive now.

    I must admit to wondering who your fruit of womb 2 as you put it mad been to see. Does this make me old? second thought don't answer that!

    X x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have checked and it was Howler! I didn't think it was for real!

      Delete
  3. Hi Martha, I like your blog! If we don't have weeks where life just happens in all its normalness, how would we ever write realistic stories? That's what I tell myself anyway!
    God bless you, Chloe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Chloe. Thanks so much for the encouragement. x

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig