Monday 7 March 2011

When did that happen?


There are some questions which have simple answers
  • The dog behaves like that just because he wants to
  • Most annoying Glee character is Mr Schuster (although he has a lot of competition)
  • Paul was the best Beatle
  • West Wing is the best piece of TV ever made.
However, when I look at this photo, I have do have one question which I don't have the answer to
  • WHEN DID I BECOME THE FAMILY MIDGET? (or perhaps more shockingly - the family Anne Widecombe look-alike?)
This week school sent home eldest sprog's last ever school report and the date for his last ever parents' evening. And so, despite all my attempts to ignore the facts before my very eyes, I now have to accept that the Head of the House and my good self are parents to a young man. We are both slowly coming to terms with the realisation that he will probably never again pronounce the word "gloves" as "glubs". He is unlikely to lie on his back with his feet in the air singing nursery rhymes (no matter how often we ask) He is now to be found shouting abuse at Question Time and insisting that his Thrash Metal cannot be heard three doors down. So as he leaves to check out universities, trailing the Head of the House (acting as his chauffeur) in his wake, I just wanted to draw your attention to the obvious. Time really does go so much faster that you could ever believe. Every moment has to be snatched , treasured, held to your heart and remembered. You probably know all of this and I probably know it too. It's just like most things it becomes a lot more real when it affects me.
However I will always remember him the way he was when we first gave him sweet potato........

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig