Wednesday 7 April 2010

Turning over a new leaf



I know its been a long time but - well, I started a new job, significant other also started new job, have had heavy duty revision responsibilities with oldest fruit of womb, I've become a great auntie and have had Wayne Rooney's ankle to worry about. So, no blog. Give me a break. At least I've taken the trouble to re-jig it. So will try harder.
Anyway, maybe, possibly, perhaps Spring has sprung (a bit) so time to get a line of washing out! If Cheryl Cole knew about the life I live ......
Saw an article this week about whats wrong with Christianity in the modern world. One of the suggestions to improve our profile was a high value conversion like Cheryl or the Beckhams or (close your eyes and imagine) Katie Price. Thing is, my old dad always says (actually might not be my dad but someone very much like him) that Christianity struggles when it gets popular. We apparently operate best when we are out of step with the majority and are not to be trusted with too much power. (Hmmm. Certain areas of Catholic Church anyone?) I spend half my life feeling out of step with...well virtually everything really. It is a great comfort to me therefore to know that this is because of my extraordinary level of spirituality and not because of early onset dementia. Here endeth today's lesson.
PS I've added another blog to the list on the side. Chez Larsson is basically lots of pages about a Swedish woman cleaning out her cupboards but I love it. Which probably says a lot about my very high boredom threshold or equally high nosiness levels.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig